For more information, go to www.rainforestplumbing.com/careers.
FIELD MANAGER (LEADER)
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Is proficient in the technical skills required of technicians and those being managed.
- Manages the general operations of a department.
- Makes recommendations to upper management for procedural improvements.
- Supervises personnel within the department.
- Makes recommendations for hiring, firing, performance evaluation, training, work allocation, and problem resolution.
- Oversees and coordinates the pricing of sales invoices, related purchase orders and check requests.
- Prepares and administers departmental operations and procedures
- Recommends, implements, and administers operating policies and procedures.
- Works with vendors to acquire appropriate parts and job materials to obtain satisfactory pricing and delivery.
- Oversees maintenance of inventory and equipment.
- Manages regular inventory counting and truck inspections.
- Develops and implements systems and processes to establish and maintain records for the department.
- Represents the organization at various customer and/or business meetings
- Promotes and supports marketing efforts.
- Monitors demand, work flow and management of resources.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
High school diploma or GED with 10+ years experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Able to pass CrimShield certification for verification of a crime-free background.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES DESIRED:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse organization.
- Ability to receive, stock, and/or deliver goods.
- Skill in the use of computers, preferably in a PC, Windows-based operating environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
- Knowledge of procurement rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of OSHA and safety standards.
- Employee development and performance management skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
- Knowledge of material supply vendors and procurement procedures.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Knowledge of purchase orders and related accounts payable documentation.
- Knowledge of inventory control procedures.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Skill in fiscal management.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
This position requires:
a) independent oversight of all day-to-day departmental operations, to include customer service and personnel management;
b) coordination of purchasing, receiving, inventory management, scheduling, and returns;
c) preparation, review and coordination of technician’s sales invoices;
d) participation in the development of operating policies and procedures;
e) full day-to-day supervision of two or more lower level technicians engaged in service & repair activities.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work is normally performed in both a typical interior/office work environment as well exterior as in transit and job site .
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.